4.10.2011

sketchy

Wednesdays are always super boring for me, so last week I decided to go with my mom to her art class on Wednesday nights. I've been sketching and drawing for a few years now, but this whole painting thing is entirely foreign to me. So far all I have completed is the blocking of the figures on the canvas--and even that needs some serious editing. It'll be interesting to see how things start to unfold once I add a bit of color and paint into the mix! I'm one of those ridiculous people that want to be good at something from the start  and dive right into the deep end. I get the feeling I have a harsh reality check coming my way... Wish me luck! Here's the photograph I'm going to paint. And continue on to see some of my old sketches. :)



Happy Sunday!

-S.



My sketchbook. I bought it in Florence during the summer after my senior year in high school.


I started out just halfway sketching the doorway to the bathroom in our Florence hotel. I have a tendency to start things and not finish them, as you'll see...


Pretty soon after I started, I realized that I loooooved to draw faces. Especially the faces of people I see all the time--it makes it easier. This was one from Florence also. My mom ate gelato every day while we were there. 


Abby and mommy, while we were on the train in Italy. 


Our room in Venice was slightly more ornate than the one in Florence.


My sister is probably my favorite subject to draw, though I haven't done one of her recently.


I told you I had issues finishing what I start. This didn't get terribly far. Maybe I'll go back and complete it sometime soon.


P.S. Hands are a bitch to draw. Also part of why I stick to faces.


The first and only sketch I've done of Audrey. When I get some down time she'll be at the top of my list of people to draw.


I took a break from faces for a while to practice figure drawings, mainly for the purpose of fashion design illustration.







I have one other I have drawn of Michael, but he has it. And then, of course, the one I will be painting is of him. 


I started this one on a plane trip I took recently, but yet again, I haven't had a chance to finish it. When I'm done it will be my brother Jason and his almost one-year-old baby girl, Rebecca. I haven't spent much time with her though, so this was quite the challenge. Not to mention the fact that my camera died so I was drawing from a picture I took with my phone of the camera screen. Very blurry, to say the least. 

1 comment:

  1. I drop a comment whеneѵeг Ι
    espeсiallу enjoy а article οn a site
    or if I have somеthing to contribute to the сonνersation.
    Usually іt's a result of the sincerness displayed in the post I browsed. And on this post "sketchy". I was moved enough to post a thought :-P I do have 2 questions for you if it'ѕ οκay.
    Could it be simply mе oг ԁoeѕ it looκ lіke lіκe some
    of these reѕponses appеar like they are written by bгaіn dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you aге writіng at aԁdіtiοnal plаceѕ, I ωоuld likе to follοw you.
    Could you list eνery οnе οf all youг shared pages likе your twittеr feed,
    Facеbook pаgе or linkеdin ρгοfile?


    Feel free to surf to my web-site :: hcg menu

    ReplyDelete