4.07.2011

maxximum

Generally speaking, I am an equal opportunist when it comes to shopping spots. I am just as easily excited at the Goodwill as I am in Neiman's. Among my favorite places is T.J. Maxx. At places like these, digging and sifting through the crappy stuff before you find any good stuff is pretty much guaranteed. Lucky for me though, my T.J. Maxx is pretty well stocked. So I was running errands with my mama yesterday and we went in to T.J. Maxx to return some things she had kept for nearly the full 90 day period trying to decide if she liked them or not. She didn't. All this is fine and dandy (the three shirts she returned weren't that cute anyway) except that there's no such thing as a return at T.J. Maxx. It will inevitably end up as an exchange plus the purchase of all the other things you see while you're there. But when you end up with deals like I did, who can complain?

Purchase #1: Escada Dark Blue Pleated Palazzo Pants.


Regular price? $2,650. What I paid? $89. Yeah, seriously. I almost cried, I was so happy. AND they're nice and long so I can wear my 5-inch platform wedges and they don't suddenly turn into capris. 

Purchase #2: M by Missoni Maxi Dress.


Regular price? $445. What I paid? $140. And I love me a  good maxi dress. Plus, it just so happens that my mom just got me a vintage 99 cent necklace on eBay that will look amaaaaazzzzing with this dress. 



On a slightly different note... 
While I was in T.J. Maxx I noticed a bunch of dresses hanging on a rack. It was definitely not the clothes that caught my eye as much as it was the tag. I knew the designer! However, I also knew that this was the designer's first venture into fashion in a long while. Don't get me wrong, obviously I adore T.J. Maxx, but if my first collection ended up on their racks before the season was even up I'm pretty sure I would cry for at least a week. Needless to say, I did not mention to the designer what I had seen. 



Till next time, darlings!

-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment