4.17.2011

it's not a purse, it's a satchel

The good thing about my hefty bag sized purses? I can carry my laptop and magazines and an alternative pair of shoes when I can't make up my mind in the morning. The bad thing? I can carry my laptop and magazines and an alternative pair of shoes when I can't make up my mind in the morning... If I have the space in my bag, I WILL fill it up with something—anything. So lately I've been in search of the perfect solution, the satchel. You can get a satchel in all different sizes, but unlike my usual hobo bags, satchels have a bit more structure so things stay organized instead of disappearing into the infinite, black abyss.




Hermès Birkin Bag
Proenza Schouler PS1 Large Croc Bag



Marc Jacobs Camille Satchel



Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the satchel I want (and sadly, no, I didn't even bother seriously looking into any of the fancy-schmancy ones in the pictures above). Not only is it available in four different widths AND four bright and summery fluorescent colors (or the standard browns, blacks, reds, etc. if you prefer something less flashy), but it can also be monogrammed. Perhaps it was my undergrad sorority days that did it to me, but I love to have my initials (or back then, my letters) on everything from my bath towels to my stationery. It's available online at The Cambridge Satchel Company. Now all I need to do is choose: yellow, orange, green or pink? 






-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment