10.05.2010

Sleepyhead

As it has been since I was a little girl, sleeping is probably one of my favorite "pastimes." When I move to a new place I obsess over the details of my bed and the ambience of my bedroom. I layer my plushy pillow-top mattress with 700 thread count sheets and a five-inch thick goose down feather bed, finishing off the delectable dream cloud with a fluffy eiderdown duvet and a mountain of silk satin encased pillows. Everything housed by those glossy, painted walls invites you to relax and lounge. So it would seem only fitting that I might try to take clothes intended for under the comforter and put them out on the sidewalk. Now I don't mean you should take to the streets in your Nick & Nora flannels. (Not to knock them, of course! Mine are pink with shoes all over...naturally.) Instead, I'm talking about something a little more intimate and feminine: the bed jacket. Bed jackets were popular in the 1930's and 1940's, used to cover a woman's upper body while she sat in bed. They are generally short, loose jackets of decadent materials and adornment, ideal for the most languorous of glamour queens. Add a little luxury to your basic jeans and tanks with one of these luscious options. 

S.




If your mama didn't bring you up according to the laws of eBay like mine did, here are some non-auction options for you after the jump! ;)



 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment