11.13.2010

Feast Your Eyes

The linens on my bed have been changed. My toiletries and makeup have been stowed on the glass shelves of my aqua blue bathroom. A man in a brown uniform pulled up in a truck with no door and delivered four hefty cardboard boxes of clothes and shoes. The refrigerator has been stocked with Diet Dr. Pepper. I am officially moved in. Now that all the relocating chaos is more or less behind me, I can focus on what's ahead. While in reality that may include finding work and completing graduate school applications and studying for the GRE, in the blissful confines of blog-world looking ahead points to one thing: the holidays. In particular, I'm focused on Thanksgiving.

Photo: Movie Mobsters
While I was in college Thanksgiving was more of a hassle than anything. Classes weren't over, we always had homework assignments, and there was the foreboding cloud of final exams looming overhead to darken the measly two days we were given for vacation. Now that those stressors no longer apply, I'm quite excited for a holiday that encourages us to gorge ourselves on rich, autumn treats and then doze off into a tryptophan slumber. Not to mention Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season. And that means sales, festive décor, Christmas movies, parties and snow!

Photo: Only Funny Images
Before I had returned to New York my mom sent me a message saying how much she missed all the delicious things I would usually whip up at this time of year. Now that I'm home, I have created my annual "Recipes" bookmark folder to grace the upper bar of my Safari browser and I've quite rapidly plumped it up with mouth-watering recipes and ideas for the imminent feast of Thanksgiving. I have always loved to bake and to cook, but never did much of either in my apartment where cookware was cheap and groceries were not. I'm so eager to make that pre-Turkey Day voyage to the A&P and steer my cart through the dreamy aisles of culinary delight without doling out my own pretty penny! (I could do without the mothers and their strollers though, and the cranky men who were forced to do the shopping but have no idea where anything is...)

Click after the jump to check out my potential recipe list and let me know what you think! Careful not to drool on your keyboards, darlings.

-S.




Sweet Potato Rosemary Biscuits
Chive Cream Biscuits
Pumpkin Biscuits with Cinnamon Honey Butter
Cheddar Cheese Rolls
Brie Apple Pinwheels
Caramelized Pear and Gorgonzola Quiche
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Meatballs with Roasted Pepper Tomato Sauce
Chicken Pesto Meatballs
White Cheddar and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Parmesan and Green Onion Potato Cakes
Apple Walnut Stuffing

Bread Stuffing with Seasonal Fruits and Herbs
Apple and Pecan Turkey Stuffing
Maple Roasted Carrots

Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
Apple Pie with a Cheddar Crust
Butterscotch Pecan Pie
Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake
Red Velvet Cake


No comments:

Post a Comment